Monday, April 12, 2010

Hummingbird

The hummingbirds have not arrived as yet so we painted up this pretty little creature today in class. Patterns and methods have been combined, again taking instructions in oils and converting them to acrylic. Most of the work is done with a number six flat brush using the chisel and pulling each wing feather individually and tapping in the other sections of the body. We did use fluorescent paint on the body and neck sections but it does not photocopy or scan so you won't see the iridescence on this little beauty.

6 comments:

  1. Well got my yard work done but sorry I missed the hummingbird. I am going to give it a try. I is beautiful.
    Peg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ima I forgot to do those code letters,
    I hate that the comment just doesn't go.
    Love your painting,, Keep painting you are great. Love ya yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD MORNING. MY HUMMINGBIRD IS NOW IN A FRAME AND LOOKING FOR A PLACE TO NEST.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't started painting yet but I love your tips, keep it up maybe next week I'll get caught up here with the yard, Love the painting yvonne,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darling....I wish my little hummers would show up soon. The columbine will be long gone when they get here!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ima,
    Is everything OK
    Haven't seen a new post for awhile,,
    Big Hug yvonne

    ReplyDelete