Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Gifts of Autumn


From the dictionary:
autumn...the third season of the year, when crops and fruits are gathered and leaves fall, in the northern hemisphere from September to November and in the southern hemisphere from March to May.   I wish this beautiful word was being used in our daily talk to describe this season again.
Our current project, pumpkin and pitcher is taken from a design by Lynne Deptula. We are painting it on an 8x8 canvas surface in acrylics and it does say autumn with it's beautiful colors and subjects, although it would be nice on display year round.

4 comments:

  1. One thing that I always notice is that towards the end of Summer, the colors change. There are now deep purples, golds and orange hues---it is like the last show before the world begins to shed it's petticoat and put the greys of Winter.....Autumn is a magical time, for color and for things to paint/photograph!

    XXOO!!
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I can hardly wait to get this finished. I wish I had done a better job on the pumpkin, but we will see what happens. I am definitely gonna try another one. I think this is one of the prettiest I have seen you do.
    QMM

    ReplyDelete
  3. YEHH!!!!! LOOKS GREAT, I JUST HOPE MINE COMES OUT 1/2 THAT GOOD, I PUT A FALL WREATH ON THE DOOR TODAY. SEE WHAT I GOT FROM THE CLASS

    ReplyDelete